I met up for some social media training with a lovely business owner today. She wanted to understand the difference between a Facebook personal profile and Facebook page and wanted help with setting up a new personal Facebook account and linking it to a Facebook business page.
I thought you might find it helpful to hear some of the pointers I gave her:
- When you write a new post on your Facebook page you can PIN it to the top by clicking the arrow to the top right of your post (this isn’t visible until you hover over it). This means you can keep that post at the top of your newsfeed until you unpin it, so it won’t get lost in the newsfeed. GREAT for important news you want visitors to see.
- Don’t forget you can SCHEDULE posts within Facebook. This can save masses of time and means you don’t even need to head to Hootsuite or one of the other social media management platforms. Look at the bottom left of a post you are writing and click the clock icon:
- Make sure you grab your own customised URL for your page by going into your page admin panel, edit page (top, middle of page), then edit settings:
Okay three final top tips for you today:
- Make sure your website address is visible on your Facebook page (obvious, but you may be guilty of not doing it!)
- You’d be crazy not to fill in your About section on your Facebook page. Not only great for potential customers but for SEO too.
- Make sure you’ve invited all of your Facebook (and non-Facebook) friends to like your page – there’s no good reason not to do this – they’re your mates right?
That’s all for now. Look forward to catching up with you next time,